The Army’s Direct Notification Program is a free service to the community to provide notification for our prescribed burns. You must register for this service every year you wish to be notified. Currently, the Army can notify you via a phone call, an SMS text message, and email. You may request any or all of these options. The Army issues notifications for the following:
- when suitable burn conditions are imminent and crews have been mobilized
- when a prescribed burn is started
- when the burn is completed
The burn season starts July 1st and ends December 31st.
We currently offer two ways to register – either online, or by mailing in a paper form.
- Option 1: Register Online
- Option 2: Print, Complete and Mail the Paper Form
(requires a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software)After filling out the paper form, you may return it to us via mail at:Base Realignment and Closure Field Office
Fort Ord Prescribed Burn Direct Notification Program
P.O. Box 5008
Monterey, CA 93944-5008
- Or fax the form to: (831) 393-918