The Army’s selected remedy for cleaning up the 6,560-acre Fort Ord impact area and an 800-acre area in the northern portion of the Fort Ord National Monument includes prescribed burning to remove vegetation so that crews can perform surface removal of munitions. The Fort Ord prescribed burn season is July 1 through December 31, each year.
- Proposed Plan (Impact Area), June 2007
- Record of Decision, Impact Area Munitions Response Area, Track 3 Munitions Response Site
- Proposed Plan (Northern Portion of Fort Ord National Monument), April 2015
- Record of Decision, Final, Record of Decision, Track 2 Bureau of Land Management Area B and Munitions Response Site 16 (Northern Portion of the Fort Ord National Monument), May 2017
- Prescribed Burn Plan for Units 11 and 12 (Impact Area)
- Prescribed Burn Plan for Units 25 and 31 (Impact Area)
- Draft Prescribed Burn Plan Units A-C (Northern Portion of the Fort Ord National Monument)
Call us at (831) 242-7383 or toll free 1-800-852-9699 for additional information.