The Army has an extensive outreach program to keep the community informed and involved with the cleanup. The Army partners with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, California Department of Toxic Substances Control, California Regional Water Quality Control Board, and other agencies.
As we continue to navigate through these interesting and challenging days, we confirmed the dates of significant outreach activities in 2022. Our usual behind-the-scenes work continues uninterrupted: water cleanup, sampling, monitoring and reporting as we navigate in this new and evolving environment.
- No events scheduled.
- February 12 Community Involvement Workshop (Open House/Bus Tour) featuring soil and groundwater cleanup areas
- February 15 Technical Review Committee Meeting featuring soil and groundwater cleanup areas
- Earth Day Celebrations — watch the news section of this web site for details
- May 14 Guided Nature Walk inside the Impact Area
- July 16 Community Involvement Workshop (Open House/Bus Tour) featuring munitions cleanup and prescribed burns
- July 19 Technical Review Committee Meeting featuring munitions cleanup and prescribed burns
- September 1 Information Booth at the Monterey County Fair
- National Public Lands Day at the Fort Ord National Monument — date to be confirmed