The map below represents current trail closures as well as Access Corridors. The prescribed burns in Units B and C were completed on October 5. These areas are now fenced for munitions cleanup operations. Munitions cleanup in the burned and vegetation-cut areas will continue over the next several months.
Access Corridors reopened (October 11) are: Parker Flats Road, Eucalyptus Road, Watkins Gate Road, and Watkins Gate Spur, and Little Moab Road.
East and West Machine Gun Flats Roads are closed during active cleanup operations (M-Th 6:30AM – 5:00PM.)
Work areas east of Hennekens Ranch Road are currently closed. The exception is Trails 61/62 – these trails will be closed only during active cleanup operations (M-Th 6:30AM – 5:00PM.) Addington Road is closed during active cleanup operations (M-Th 6:30AM – 5:00PM.)
Thank you for complying with the temporary trail and road closures while the Army’s cleanup operations are in progress. For your safety please Mind the Signs, and continue to call the Army’s information line (1-800-852-9699) with your feedback and if you have any questions. Thank you.
Munitions related items recovered through January 18, 2018:
* Items detonated and will be detonated = 223.
* Items confirmed as munitions and explosives of concern (MEC) = 61.
* Munitions Debris = 16,820 lbs.
- Draft Final Site-Specific Work Plan, Munitions and Explosives of Concern Remedial Action
- Final BLM Area B – Units A, B, and C Prescribed Burn Plan
- Presentation from the May 23, 2017 Project Kick Off meeting